Monday, April 6, 2009

I'd Hate to Be In This Acting Class

Monica is back and in full swing. Today, she takes aim at a student in her acting class who did a stand-up comedy routine for class that she says was "simply just ranting."

First of all, that would suck to be in an acting class with Monica Reida and she has to critique performances. I read her review of "The Importance of Being Earnest," I'd be pretty scared.

Second of all, she says that the student says all people over 65 should be placed in care. Most of the jackass old people in Iowa look to be much older. Like in their 80's.

But she says this:

Judging from the responses of the other students, I would have to say that they weren’t to pleased with this rant. Neither was I; I was livid, to be precise and I read “New Yorker” cartoons after finishing up my comments on his performance just to calm down.


She also says that in her comments, she listed several people over the age of 65 that contribute to society. ("...a bunch of current U.S. senators and congressmen (even if they’re doing nothing, they’re still contributing).")

Read the rampage here:

Why Forced Comedy Doesn't Work: Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment