Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hi-Line Redeems Itself

After I tore apart the Hi-Line last week, they seem to have redeemed themselves and this is why:

1). Alex Entz articles are well written and researched. He spoke to the big people with the Black Hawk County Republicans. Good work.

2). Monica Reida says what we've all been thinking. Again. This time she says that Day of Silence is ineffective. Thank you. According to her blog she's been under fire for this, but screw them. She's a voice for the homos. Also, I noticed that she's wearing a suit in the now un-hilarious photo accompanying her columns.

3). Katie Dexter has two amusing cartoons.

4). Although the Feature section is a bit shrug-inducing for me, I thought the whole let's-have-a-student-observe-another-school thing is interesting.

5). Philanthropy is endorsed in the "Our View." Also, Monica Reida clearly didn't write this one.

6). None of my least favorite writers wrote anything.

The only downside is an article on the school budget, which I feel goes on for too long, but that's just me. My problem is that it doesn't seem like that big of an issue.

I love that there's a picture of busses with the article, though.

Well done.

I should tell the advisor this, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment