Monday, March 30, 2009

A Very Thoughtful Weekend of Theater

So I did something really brilliant and commuted between Cedar Falls and Cedar Rapids/Iowa City this weekend to see three plays. This was "brilliant" because it snowed. And there was some sleet, I think.

Anyway, "An Enemy of the People" at Dreamwell is very good. But it's Ibsen, so that helps.

The two plays that were done at CSPS (which are not running anymore), "Cedar Rapids Famous" and "My Father's Imaginary Friend" were also very good. New plays, with puppets. Yay!

And finally, I saw "Fences" at Theatre Cedar Rapids. The reviews did it no justice, I think, but that's me.

I'm bouncing between seeing "Medusa Rising" at Riverside or "Arms and the Man" at the Waterloo Community Playhouse. I want to be bold and see the new play, but the other is Shaw.

It's not helping that there hasn't been a review put up on "Fragments" yet. Which either tells me that Monica Reida doesn't feel like reviewing it (which would shock me), or she didn't see it.

Plus I'm a bit cautious because the last incredible thing I saw at WCP was "Into the Woods", which wasn't directed by Charles Stillwill.

So, go see "Medusa Rising" and "An Enemy of the People."

No comments:

Post a Comment